Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Back from Beijing

Up, up and awaaaaay!

I'm finally back from Beijing! I apologize for not uploading anything while I was there. It seems that accessing Blogger is blocked in China.

Beijing is a remarkably crazy city. I really liked it despite (and because of) the heavy pollution, the sweltering mugginess, the constant blaring of car horns and the threat of being run over every five minutes. It really is a unique city. The people were extremely friendly and generous. I'm glad I had a chance to work there so I could talk to the locals and see what they were like. I also had a chance to do a little sightseeing as well- The Great Wall, the Forbidden City, and Tiannamen Square. The best way to see the city is walking through the old neighborhood alleyways and streets called "hutongs". Sadly these are being bulldozed to make way for faceless modern high-rises for the 2008 Olympics. Beijing is a city in transition.

You can see my pics here.

I'll be extremely busy working on two freelance projects over the next couple of weeks, so I don't know how much I'm be updating Blogcha. "Sorry" in advance for blog butt suckage.