Friday, March 17, 2006

Sidney Knows

Yes, Sidney knows! He knows everything! He can and will see (and possibly eat) your soul. I didn't even go close to Sidney, afraid that he would deliver a fortune card of my doom.

Here are a few pics I snapped when we spent the weekend down in Rye, a small medieval coastal town in SE England. These wonderfully creepy machines were in the dusty upstairs of the tourist info place.



What's this guy doing to this baby? Whatever it is, he looks very guilty. >>

They each cost an old English penny (which stopped circulating in 1971) and are they worth it. The English Executioner, Davy Jones Locker, The Church Graveyard are all from the early 1900s and still are great to look at.


My favorite was Barnacle Bill. He's a sinisterly happy sailor that rocks back and forth while issuing a bone-chilling laugh that seems to go on forever. The best part is that he has a twin brother that operates in the Musee Mechanique in San Francisco. His name was Jolly Jack and just as ominous. It was one of my favorite places to take friends who were visiting SF.

I don't seem to remember him moving when I snapped this photo.